In this project are:
Jörgen Holmberg, Sipoo, Finland
Lotta Ramqvist, Örebro, Sweden
Staci Kinsler Gelbaum, Atlanta, GA, USA
Carla Pinho Vieira, South Africa
Brianna Owens, Albuerque, NM, USA
Stefan Schwarz, Potsdam, Germany
We are all SEE:s and use SMART Technology in our education.
Short about our collaboration: We are six teachers from five countries and three continents. We are working within Special education. Our students are spec.ed students 8 – 15 years old.
The teachers and students come from: Sipoo in Finland, Örebro in Sweden, Potsdam in Germany, Johannesburg in South Africa, Albuquerque, NM and Atlanta, GA in the USA.
Our main ideas are:
– We want our students in special education to meet other students who are in the same situation from different places in the World.
– Some of our students find it hard to collaborate with the other students in the same classroom. What about collaborating globally.
– Our Mascot, SMARTee (a small Beaver-doll from Canada) will travel between the different schools and will of course experience different things in the different places.
– Within the project we make an eBook where we present our schools and classes to each other and the world.
– The Global collaboration is within the program SMART Amp. Within the same workspace a group of students can add their own ideas, in the form of texts, sounds, photos, symbols or even films.